Thursday, February 7, 2008

'07 Reflections

I step out of the tunnel this morning greeted by an old friend.... warm weather. I inhale a great big breathe of the fresh Downtown DC air :-\ assess the situation and decide I would take route 3B... the scenic route... and I figure I would spend my walk reflecting on the year that was.

My boy D. Noland says that 07 was one of the quickest years ever... I told him that i was pretty sure that it lasted a year. That nigga got a car... Im proud of him. He also had to deal with some major losses... and seeing HOW he dealt with them made me realize why he has become one of my best friends over these last 10 or so years... God damn 10 years? niggas gettin old. But before i could give him my words of wisdom to help him deal... he would be saying the shit i was bout to say. Other times he was keeping my ass in check from all the fumbling a nigga was doing.


My relationships with my other friends seem to grow as well as 07 cast an aura of peace understanding and acceptance. People are human... EVEN those closest to you. Why do we tend to have a harder time forgiving them than we do with those that aren't in our inner circle. I guess the closer we allow folks to get the more responsibilities we place on them. A friend of mine asked me the other day why I wouldn't open up my heart to her, I told her she was not responsible enough. One thing I've learned is hearts never grow cold or become hard or tough... the enclosures we keep them guarded in, maybe, but not the hearts themselves... they stay as warm and tender as ever.


Enough about that, but speaking of which... lets review the current female situation for 08...
She don't like me no more cuz i said fuk an off limits.
She married the whiteboy...
She still a ho, but now she tryin to act like she aint... tsk tsk. "If you wanna be a hoe, go 'head and don't be scared... Many a bitch, represents, and is led" ~ T-mo. Cuz a word to the wise... if chasity is one of the qualities ur looking for in a mate... u will be looking forever, or ur looking to be lied too. ... lets see... ummm..
Shes back in the picture after a 3 yr hiatus...
She still a tease, but coming around, i look forward to punishing her for all this time she made me wait... oh yeah, im a calculating patient sadistic muthafukka.
She still love me, but such a free spirit it would be wrong of me to try and lock that down.
She came out of nowhere and we have compatible fetishes, but thats about all we have.
She still bourgeois, but has been sweating me something terrible since i stopped paying her any attention... typical.
She still too far away, but perhaps the best cook, and the most compatible... glad i put the fire out that i had set on that bridge.
And finally there are the new prospects that we enjoy gettin to know... yeah 07 was a good year.


This writers strike is some bullshit. Fucking with my Heroes. Bastids. Cuz that shit sucks now... But I see this happening with alot of medias soon. The money is just not there anymore when people can watch shows for free and whenever they want too. I, for one, think it will be a good thing. Only artists that are in it for the the love of their craft will stick around. Is it not fair? Probably not, but what the fuck is?? Mutha fukkas ain't say shit about the the factory workers put out of work by automation... how bout the traffic officers put out of work by stop lights... Telegraph carriers put out of work by email... Muthafukkas need to stop bitching and adapt... thats all im saying.


Any who... Avatar is getting better... Aang finally cut his hair again... Katara is bending blood, while Toph is bending metal. Shits real son. Basketball season however is consuming most of my time. Im a fantasy fanatic. Currently atop both of my leagues, but the injury bug is a mutha. We'll see how that goes. My Wizards are making me proud this year. I hate to say it, but i think that we should trade Arenas. Not that he is not one of the best scorers in the league, and an asset to the community, not to mention one of my favorite players, but he doesn't really fit on the team, and his stock is sky high right now... perhaps we could get Kidd... Now that would be hot. Arenas needs to be in a run and gun type atmosphere... Perhaps a trade with GS... They might win it this year if they did.


R.I.P. ... Reggie, Ms Noland, Bobby Fischer, Sean Taylor, Pimp C, Ike Turner, Donda West, Anna Nicole Smith, Don Ho, Evil Knievel.


07 was supposed to be Libras lucky year... I definitely felt it... I also felt my energy drop right along with that ball on new years... Oh well, time to bob and weave... struggle and survive... I've definitely learned how to do that. Everyone is all excited about 08, I would have liked 07 to stick around for a little while longer, but time keeps on slippin slippin...


I get to the office feeling good. Catch yall later, gotta make this money...

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment